MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION
An eight-week course based on tradition and proven by science
Since its creation in 1979 by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center, over 30,000 people have completed the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program. Today, mindfulness, and specifically the “original” MBSR curriculum have an immense and continually growing body of research to support their usefulness and ability to address a wide variety of human complications including anxiety, burnout, symptoms of stress and mind-wandering. It has been found to increase immune function, moral reasoning and ethical decision making, emotional resilience, creative thinking, mood and overall well being. Additionally, research supporting MBSR has found its practices to be as effective as (if not more) anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medications and painkillers in treating their respective ailments.
MBSR is the original mindfulness course taught with research specifically verifying its curriculum, and participants of the course are found most successful at integrating practices learned into everyday life during and far beyond course conclusion.
I have depression, so that is the main reason I enrolled in MBSR… as a sort of recovery-tool for myself. I wouldn’t say that it is a miracle cure, but it has certainly helped a lot. I learned that in order to fully benefit, a certain amout of time is required in daily practice. In doing so it will natrually become part of your life— you will be able to incorporate it into your everyday.
Another insight that I learned is that I could be more forgiving towards myself, and actually love myself more. This is very significant to me because I never realized the importance of it in the past.R.L.
- Understanding the fundamental nature of mindfulness and how it applies to enhancing and aiding personal wellness
- Having a foundational mindfulness practice which one may continue to engage in and apply throughout aspects of their personal and professional lives
- Understanding that which separates MBSR from other coping techniques, and their differentiating impact on life’s caliber
- Implementing mindful communication and interaction with loved ones, friends and colleagues
- Developing increased awareness of habitual patterns, moving from reaction into response
- Leading with greater authenticity and empathy
- Benefiting from improved focus and ability to deal with stressful situations effectively
- Beginning to embody mindful practices throughout all areas of one’s life as a means to meet life’s challenges such as, and not limited to, chronic pain, anxiety, depression and everyday stress
- Strong emphasis on experiential practice and group process in weekly sessions
- Guided instruction in mindfulness and meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement
- Implementation of “everyday” mindfulness practices such as eating, walking and communication
- Group inquiry and dialogue, including inquiry exercises aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life, work and relationships
- Daily and weekly home practice assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice
- Tools and resources to help one successfully continue a mindfulness practice
I now incorporate mindfulness throughout each day, MBSR has helped me to be more relaxed and I find dealing with stressful situations a lot easier now.B.G.
Fantastic course! I learned the skills to start a lifelong and life-enriching practice. Stress solved!D.T.
If you’ve tried practicing meditation on your own and want to go deeper, try this!D.R.
Join our mailing list for special program discounts & additional support for your mindfulness practice!